Presented in partnership with
Thank you for supporting financial aid at Carolina Day School.
Carolina Day School’s Share the Promise took place on April 29, 2023. Though the event is now over, any pledge or gift in support of financial aid can be made any time.
- If you attended Share the Promise and raised the paddle you may pay your Raise the Paddle pledge here.
- If you were unable to attend Share the Promise, but would like to make a gift in support of financial aid, you may also do so here.
No matter the gift size, your participation will make an impact for our school.
Celebrate. Inspire. Share the Promise.
All proceeds from Share the Promise directly benefit the school’s need-based financial aid program.
Important facts about financial aid at Carolina Day School
- Tuition revenue does not pay for the financial aid program at CDS.
- Nearly 30% of current CDS students receive need-based financial aid, which is about 138 CDS families.
- The board-approved financial aid budget for 2022-23 is $3.2M.
- Tuition paid by families receiving financial aid is critical to the budget. Families receiving financial aid account for about $2 Million of CDS’s tuition revenue this year.
- Financial aid awards to CDS families range from $1,000 to $34,000. The average size of a financial aid award is: approximately $18,000 for all divisions: ~$17,000 average for LS/MS/US students; and ~$26,000 for KS students.
- All proceeds from Share the Promise directly support need-based financial aid at CDS.
Students learn best when their peers are from a variety of backgrounds. To attract and retain a full school of highly qualified and great match students from varied backgrounds, independent schools must have healthy financial aid programs. Share the Promise was created in 2016 to highlight the importance of financial aid in a healthy school and provide a novel, fun, community-driven way to support it. Thank you for supporting this joy-filled evening of friendships, food, and philanthropy, all in support of the very best of causes: our kids.
Thank you to our Community Dinner Hosts
Blythe & Barnes Barton
Kirby & TJ Finger
Diane & Justin Fourton
Heather Hanks & Paul Foster
Lee & Grant Henegan
Emily Roberts & Katina Turner
Hilary & Croft Thomas and Lexa & Evan Remmes
Roxanne & Steve Wilmans
And to our CDS Legacy Dinner Hosts
(A dinner especially for CDS Parents of Alumni, Alumni, Regents, and historical friends of CDS.)
Jennifer & Richard Bock and Jennifer & Ted Hull
Parents of Alumni
Thank You to Our Community Partners
2023-2024 Community Partners