Welcome to Carolina Day School!
- A copy of a recent physical is required for all new students (must be within the last year).
- We follow NC state law regarding immunization requirements for school. All students are required to submit their record of immunizations or the applicable religious or medical exemption.
- No medications will be given at school or on school-related trips without a parent AND physician signature. This includes ALL over-the-counter medications and is per state law.
- Students with asthma, food allergies, or diabetes may have permission to carry and self-administer medications related to their condition if they have completed the proper paperwork.
- Students in the Upper School may have permission to carry and self-administer medications on school overnight trips if they have completed the proper paperwork.
- Middle School students may have permission to carry and self-administer medications only on international trips and with the proper paperwork.
Students in Grades 6-12 who want to participate in athletics need to have a pre-participation sports exam. If your child is having a physical for school, you can ask the physician to also fill out the pre-participation sports exam form. Please note, however, the sports exam is not a substitute for a physical.
There are other forms required for athletics that do not need a physician signature. Those forms are attached below.
- Physical_Immunization Form
- 2017-18 Medication Authorization Form
- Student Agreement for Emergency Self-Carried Medication
- MS_US Student Agreement for Overnight Trip Self-Carried Medication
- Pre-Participation Sports Exam
- Additional Sports Forms: Consent, Concussion, Sudden Cardiac Death
Feel free to scan and email the forms to me at email@example.com. You may also fax them to 828-274-0757, or upload them to the enrollment site. Of course, you may also drop by school and hand them in or mail them to school. They are due before school begins in August.